With over 100 episodes of the Teacher Career Coach Podcast, we know you may be struggling to find which episodes to start ASAP! We’ve created this page to share some of our most popular podcast episodes for different stages and career paths.
Each of the podcast titles below link to the individual page and transcript for that specific episode. If you’d prefer to listen directly on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts, click here.
Pros and Cons of Leaving the Classroom
Often, teachers are on the fence for months or years before making the final choice due to teacher guilt, fear of the unknown, or the desire to stay in a “stable career.” Check out these Teacher Career Coach Podcast episodes for support as you weigh the right decision for your journey.
- Episode 20 – Should I Leave Teaching? The Pros And Cons
- Episode 49 – Emily Maretsky: Should You Stay For Your Teaching Pension
- Episode 52 – Breaking Your Teaching Contract
- Episode 71 – Will I Miss My Summers Off?
- Episode 105 – Should I Leave Teaching In This Economy?
Mindset and Motivation
The transition process can be overwhelming, and having big emotions during this process is normal! Listen to these Teacher Career Coach Podcast episodes to help keep you motivated and overcome some of the mindset challenges you may face.
- Episode 07 – How To Battle Your Teacher Guilt
- Episode 58 – New Job Anxiety? How Fear Holds Us Back
- Episode 79 – Let’s Talk About Failure
- Episode 94 – Focusing On What’s Within Your Control
- Episode 97 – Common Roadblocks You May Face
Staying in the Classroom
We want you to find happiness if you decide to stay in the classroom. Check out these episodes for resources targeted at those struggling but staying in the field.
- Episode 14 – Sarah Forst: Self-Care For Teachers
- Episode 26 – Jane Green: Managing Stress From Teaching
- Episode 30 – Angela Watson: Making Teaching Sustainable
- Episode 31 – Blake Blankenbecler: Therapy For Teachers
- Episode 74 – Angela Watson: Developing Balanced Teaching Practices
Best Practices for the Job Search
From formatting your resume to to getting interview-ready, we’ve got episodes to help you with each step. Listen to these episode for specific career search support.
- Epsiode 29 – Writing A Transferable Teacher Skills Resume
- Episode 34 – Five Tips For Interviewing Outside Of Teaching
- Episode 63 – Best Practices For LinkedIn
- Episode 93 – Kaylyn Blair: The Top 5 Transition Resume Mistakes
- Episode 65 – Standing Out In A Competitive Job Market
Episodes By Career Path
While we encourage you to listen to episodes featuring roles you may have NEVER imagined yourself in, you may have a specific path in mind already! We’ve sorted these episodes into similar categories so you can listen to the ones that align with your goals.
eLearning & Instructional Design Positions
- Episode 09 – Dr. Robin Sargent: Why Teachers Make Great Instructional Designers
- Episode 42 – Delaney Carr: From Teacher To Learning Designer
- Episode 73 – William Minton: Learning ID With The CEO Of Canopy
- Episode 107 – Meghan Maloney: From Teaching To Instructional Design
- Episode 111 – Elizabeth Hill: From Teacher To E-Learning Developer
- Episode 25 – Madeline Cronk: From Teacher To Professional Development Trainer
- Episode 32 – Corporate Trainer Roles With Lisa Spinelli-White
- Episode 45 – Nicole Bryson: From Teacher To Training Consultant
- Episode 64 – Corporate Trainer Brooke Fordâ€™s Transition From Teaching
- Episode 83 – Katie Kolar: From Teaching To Tech Trainer
Sales and Customer Success Positions
- Episode 03 – Claire Bossert: From The Classroom To Educational Technology
- Episode 57 – Sales Career Path: A Career In Sales Isn’t Scary With Alexis Scott
- Episode 75 – Eva Papacostas: From Teacher To EdTech Account Manager
- Episode 102 – Megan Wardwell: From Teacher To Customer Success
- Episode 104 – Krista Gargiulo: From SpEd Teacher To Associate Partner Success Manager
Project and Program Management
- Episode 44 – Amy Newman: From Teacher To Project Coordinator
- Episode 89 – From Special Education Teacher To Recreation Coordinator
- Episode 98 – Niles Mattier: From Teaching To Museum Education Management
- Episode 103 – Carol Cobb: From Teacher To Project Manager
- Episode 116 – Jillyan McKinney: From Teaching To Working In DEI
Freelancing and Side Hustles
- Episode 10 – Five Reasons You Should Start Your Side Hustle
- Episode 13 – Jay Clouse: Freelancing For Teachers
- Episode 40 – Selling Curriculum On TPT
- Episode 54 – Micala Quinn: Top Freelancing Jobs For Teachers
- Episode 90 – Kayse Morris: How To Earn Additional Income
Adjusting to Your New Career Outside of the Classroom
The transition process doesn’t end with a great interview or even the job offer. Listen to these episode resources for tips on how you can successfully adjust to a career outside of the classroom.
- Episode 88 – Coping With The Grief Of Leaving Education
- Episode 76 – Stepping Stone Jobs
- Episode 80 – Salary Negotiation And Raises With Katy McFee
- Episode 81 – Presenting Yourself Professionally
- Episode 118 – Battling Impostor Syndrome In Your New Role