This Coaching Agreement (this â€œAgreementâ€), dated as of todayâ€™s date (the â€œEffective Dateâ€), which is the purchase date of the coaching package, is by and between Daphne Williams Inc] (â€œCoachâ€) and You (â€œClientâ€ or â€œYouâ€ and together with Coach, the â€œPartiesâ€, and each a â€œPartyâ€).
WHEREAS, Coach is in the business of providing coaching services related to career coaching and resume writing; and
WHEREAS, Client desires to retain Coach to provide said coaching services, and Coach is willing to perform such coaching services under the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements hereinafter set forth and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Coach and Client agree as follows:
- Client-Coach Relationship. An effective coaching relationship requires mutual understanding and respect between the Coach and the Client. That requires the parties to agree to some basic tenets of coaching, including:
Coach and Client agree to communicate honestly, to be open to feedback, and to make time and space to participate fully in the coaching sessions called for hereunder. Client specifically agrees to be open to coaching.
By participating in the coaching, you agree to accept personal responsibility for the results of your actions. You agree that the Coach has not made any guarantees about the results of taking any action, whether recommended during any coaching session or not. You recognize that your ultimate success or failure will be the result of your own efforts, your particular situation, and innumerable other circumstances beyond the control and/or knowledge of the Coach.
- Services.Â The parties shall engage in one one-hour-long coaching meeting as purchased by Client. The meeting will be conducted via Zoom. The Client shall be responsible for scheduling the coaching session at a mutually agreeable time as set forth below. The Client will receive one follow-up document. The Service does not include ongoing email support from a coach.
- Fees. In consideration of the provision of the Services by the Coach, Client shall pay a single payment of $129 to purchase one coaching session. Payment to Coach of such fees shall constitute payment in full for the performance of the Services. The coaching sessions will begin after the payment is made. Refunds will not be processed after the coaching call has taken place.
If the Client needs to reschedule the call, the Client must do so at least 48 hours before the scheduled appointment. If the Client gives notice less than 48 hours before the scheduled appointment, or fails to attend the appointment, the Client will be charged a $25 no-show fee. If the Client fails to attend the appointment, they may request a refund for the $129 original payment, but the $25 no-show fee will not be refunded. The Coach reserves the right waive the no-show fee.
- Procedure and Scheduling. Coach and Client will agree to a mutually agreeable time for the coaching meetings, and it will be the Clientâ€™s ultimate responsibility to schedule the coaching meetings.
- Confidentiality. The Coach shall treat the relationship with Client, as well as all information shared by the Client, as confidential. Coach shall not disclose the existence of the relationship or any information shared during the coaching sessions without the Clientâ€™s written consent. This means that the Coach will not disclose the Clientâ€™s name as a reference without the Clientâ€™s consent.|
Client should be aware that a coach-client relationship does not give rise to privilege or any other legally protected confidentiality. That means that Coach could be ordered by a court to disclose information related to the relationship. Coach will notify Client of any legal request that would implicate Clientâ€™s information prior to disclosing it but may not be able to oppose disclosing the information.
Confidential Information does not include information: (a) known to Coach prior to Client disclosing it; (b) that is generally known to the public or in the industry; (c) obtained by Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; or (d) that is or was developed independently by Coach without use of or reference to the Clientâ€™s confidential information.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL COACH BE LIABLE TO CLIENT OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT COACH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, regarding such subject matter.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
- Amendments. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by each Party.
- Waiver. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Dispute Resolution. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally agrees that any dispute arising under or related to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively [through arbitration to be held in Los Angeles, California under the rules of the American Arbitration Association / in the state or federal courts with jurisdiction for cases arising in Los Angeles, California.. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such arbitration and agrees to bring any such dispute only in such forum. Each Party agrees that a final judgment by such arbitration is conclusive and may be enforced in other jurisdictions by suit on the judgment or in any other manner provided by law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without effect of any conflicts of law provisions.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which is deemed an original, but all of which together are deemed to be one and the same agreement.