Congrats, you received: Adult Education and Educational Management Roles
Congratulations! You received Adult Education or Educational Management Roles! There are many different jobs that you are qualified for in this category because you already have the passion and skills necessary to teach effectively. Now you can focus on educating adults, rather than children.
You may start looking for a job that teaches adults virtually, such as an Implementation Specialist, Online Teacher, or Customer Learning Manager.
You can also consider roles that support education without keeping you in a classroom, such as a Daycare Center Manager, Museum Educator, or an education-focused non-profit organization. Human Resources, Learning and Development, and Corporate Trainer roles allow you to teach adults in various capacities within a whole new environment!
Example careers in your bucket:
- Customer Learning Manager – A Customer Learning Manager works to create, administer, and deliver training programs for businesses and organizations. This involves assessing customer needs and creating custom training programs taking place in a training facility or virtually. Companies would look for experienced teachers who have created curriculum and customized it to a childâ€™s needs for this position.
- Implementation Specialist – Â An Implementation Specialist ensures that once a customer purchases a software or hardware system from the company that everything is installed, monitored, and customizes the systems using technical skills. Often a teacher has technology experience, which aligns well with an implementation specialist. This position makes certain that a customer has a positive experience once theyâ€™ve purchased the product, by talking directly with clients, collecting data, customizing features and more.Â
- Daycare Center Manager – Daycare Center Managers work to provide smooth and quality daily operations for a daycare center. They ensure that the environment is safe and educational for children, manage the teaching staff and their practices, work to develop curriculum with teachers, and communicate with parents. Teachers already know how to create a positive and quality environment in the classroom, and can do the same for a daycare center.
Looking for more resources?
This is just the TIP of the iceberg of new possibilities for you, my friend! There are tons of other options for you.
This is just the TIP of the iceberg of new possibilities for you, my friend! There are tons of other options for you. I have all of the potential careers organized into what I call “career buckets” for teachers, the product of hours of vigorous research, and careful consideration.
With the support of a certified career coach and HR expert, I’ve created six categories to help teachers narrow their search more strategically.
Focus on jobs in the bucket that interests you the most (or all of them if you’re planning to get out ASAP and need to cast a wide net!)
I’ve included all six categories into an eBook called the Career Transition Guide for Teachers. The best part? I’ve lowered the price to only $7 for you if you act now!
Get the Career Transition Guide for Teachers for only $7!
One of the reasons you may be struggling with your career hunt is you don’t have a step-by-step plan or a structure to go from. But you don’t HAVE to do this alone. Learn the strategies that other former teachers have used to help them get started with a career transition and ultimately land careers outside of the classrooms.
After years of working in educational consultant and instructional design, I vowed to create resources to support teachers facing the same questions I had when leaving the classroom. The teacher in me chunks everything into perfect bite-size pieces so you aren’t overwhelmed with the process. I create a learning path for you so your tasks are manageable and you make progress towards your career goals!
Right now you are probably on the fence if leaving is the right choice for you, so I can help walk you through the factors to consider to answer this question. The Career Transition Guide for Teachers is only $7 (usually $19) and includes all of this great information:
- The main career buckets that hire teachers without requiring additional degrees.
- A compiled list of over 40 careers that teachers can transition into.
- A list of careers for those who are tech-savvy (and a list for those who aren't!)
- An overview of how to read job descriptions (explained by an HR Expert with 10+ years in the industry!)
- How to evaluate the risk of leaving a full-time teaching job for the unknown.
- Example translations from classroom-to-corporate resumes (written by our HR Expert Resume Writer!)
- Motivational prompts to help you gain the confidence you need to get started.
- A checklist of everything you'll need to do for your career transition (so you know you aren't missing anything)!
Until next time,
Teacher Career Coach